WAMA will contribute to the conservation and cultivation of Australian native plants by:
- Creating a Grampians/Gariwerd Endemic garden to an international standard, with a comprehensive collection of plants, prioritising rare and endangered species
- Ensuring that all the natural biodiversity values of the covenanted areas are protected and enhanced
- Establishing an Australian flora interpretation facility that teaches the connections between art, science and nature, focussing on younger members of our society.
- Encouraging others to see, appreciate and love our unique Australian plants
- Eradication of invasive plants and animals from the site
- Grampians Endemic Garden landscape design and plant propagation for planting in 2021
- Jallukar Landcare Native Grasslands project to be planted late Autumn 2020
Acknowledgement of country
WAMA is honoured to be able to do what we love within an ancient, diverse and unique cultural landscape that we call home. A landscape created by the great creator Bunjil, crafted by the many rich creative beings and forces, and cared for by the First Nations’ peoples. We acknowledge and respect their enduring knowledge, wisdom, leadership and friendship and their Elders past, present and future.